Hootsuite: More Than Just A Social Media Monitoring Tool
Hootsuite is my number one, social media monitoring tool — to say the least.
So, here’s what you’ll get in this blog post:
- An introduction to Hootsuite
- How Do I use Hootsuite for social media scheduling?
- How to use Hootsuite as a social media monitoring tool?
What is Hootsuite?
Hootsuite often considers itself as a social media management tool. Basically, it helps you to keep track and manage your social media channels.
What makes Hootsuite different from the rest of the social media dashboards like Buffer is the ability to monitor and listen to what people are saying about your brand (or your competitors). This means that you can engage and respond to them immediately.
What I truly love about Hootsuite is the scaleable plans and pricings that they have.
Is hootsuite worth it
Here’s the good thing: Anyone can join Hootsuite for free, and the Pro plan costs only $8.99 per month (if you pre-pay the full year).
The bad part: The free account comes with limited features.
Scheduling Updates Using Hootsuite
Just like any other social media management tools, Hootsuite allows you to schedule posts at any time of your choice. If you are on the Pro plan, you’ll have additional features such as Autoschedule which is super awesome (more on this below) and a whole lot of allotments to integrate multiple social media accounts (up to 10 accounts on the Pro plan).
Scheduling updates using Hootsuite is simple, and this is how it is done:
Select an account (or more), type your content and schedule it.
If you love Hootsuite Analytics, you can use the inbuilt URL shortener. The downside of this is it is only trackable via Hootsuite.
Scheduling updates using Hootsuite Autoschedule
For the love of God, this is the biggest go-to feature for me in Hootsuite. This feature is only available for users in the Pro plan (or higher).
AutoSchedule chooses an optimal time for you to post. The AutoSchedule feature automatically queues messages for optimal times from within HootSuite. The algorithm uses a combination of your activity and your followers activity by looking at your personal history to determine sharing patterns from your past and post content accordingly whilst also looking at your followers feedback.
How to maximize Hootsuite Autoschedule for social media marketing?
- Create multiple lists on Twitter with specific niche and groups of people
- When travelling or on mobile, use Hootsuite mobile app to auto schedule content of others
- On desktop, use Hootsuite autoschedule to schedule posts from your own blog
- Get new followers from retweeting and sharing
- Higher click through rates (CTR) from publishing at the right time
- More clicks lead to more traffic to blog
Hootsuite autoschedule function takes social media marketing to the next level
How to auto schedule posts using Hootsuite?
There isn’t any much difference from manual posting except enabling the Autoschedule button.
In Hootsuite, you can create streams to monitor keywords, competitors and mentions on your brand.
To take social media monitoring to the next level, you can adjust the duration of interval to fit your needs.
On the side, you can only add 10 streams per tab.
A few good examples of keywords monitoring that you can use in Hootsuite are:
#keyword OR “keyword” (using either one)
#keyword AND “keyword” (both words need to be visible)
With Hootsuite Analytics you can:
- Get detailed metrics across your networks using Hootsuite Analytics.
- Organize, visualize, and share performance data in ways that best serve your team.
- Track team metrics to monitor customer response and resolution times.
- Understand the impact of social media on your bottom line and optimize your social spending.
- Drive deeper engagement by monitoring what people are saying about your brand.
- Enter your own social profiles and benchmark your numbers against three of your competitors.
If you run a small agency or working with team members, you are going to love Hootsuite team collaboration. Basically, you can assign tasks to your team members.
Here’s an example:
I could assign the task of thanking the person above to my team members using Hootsuite and with just a few clicks.
Talking about social media productivity!
Is Hootsuite Worth the Money?
For me, Hootsuite offers scalability. You could start a free account without paying a dime to a smaller plan under $18 a month and as your business grows, you could even opt for the enterprise level package.
Hootsuite is more than just a social media dashboard or social media management tool. It is an excellent all-in-one social media tool for everything you need to manage a business efficiently and with budget in mind.
But hey, don’t take my word for it as I am already in love with Hootsuite. How about giving it a try for 30-days?
Do you use Hootsuite?
I hope you do and leave a comment to tell me what attracted you to it. And if you are not, don’t worry! Tell me why you are not