Author Photos in SERPs Removed By Google
Google Authorship is a way for content authors to connect their Google profiles to their online content to establish original ownership, and the benefits for the author can be immense. Google has made it possible the display of author information in search results to help users discover great content.
This is a great service for author to market themselves and help them build their personal brand. In the few months since the launch of authorship in search, thousands of authors have linked their content to their Google profile.
However, due to the abuse of the system, Google finally removed author photos from the search engine result. Yet it’s a useful service to help your articles stand out in SERP.
Two simple Steps To Connect Your Profile To Content.
1. Create a Google+ Profile: Remember to upload a high-quality photo and fill out some profile information such as a hometown, etc.
2. Go to plus.google.com/authorship, sign up with your email and click on the verification link which Google send you.
If you don’t want to verify your email address, you can also link your content to your Google profile.
Benefits For Authors
1. See analytics for your content in search.
2. Distinguish and validate your content in search results.
3. Get more followers on Google+.
4. Help readers discover your other content on the web.
How It Helps Users
1. Help users find high-quality content on the web.
2. Empower them to engage with content authors through Google+.
However, Google doesn’t guarantee to show author information in Google Web Search or Google News results. If you don’t want your authorship information to appear in search results, edit your profile (using http://plus.google.com/me/about/edit), and make sure the Profile discovery option Help others discover my profile in search results is unchecked.