Link Building Penalties
SEO or Search engine optimization is a process of designing and modifying a website with the aim of improving its ranking in search engine. The process involves many techniques and tricks and strategy.
Some techniques are quite straightforward while others can be a little underhand, and that could not meet with search engine guidelines. There are a variety of methods involved in making a website more attractive to search engine spiders, and link building is one of them.
SEO is very much a needed process for the success of any website or blog. If you are an Internet marketer or owner of home based business with a website, there are a few tips and tricks that may help you rank higher in the search engines.
Search engines send its web crawlers to fetch information from your site and allot some ranking its SERP. Having quality inbound links from other relevant sites tell the search engine that how important is your site is and what ranking it should have.
The ultimate goal of any SEO strategy is to have your site show up as the number-one spot in the search results for at least one of the competitive keywords.
However, the main downside of SEO is that it takes time, which is why many people are tempted to take short cuts that all too often end up in some or the other Google penalties.
Stay Safe Wile Building Backlinks
A safe link building strategy that adheres to Google webmaster’s guideline and is important in order to get the high page ranks. If you want to build up your links naturally and get in the good eyes of search engines, make sure you understand what you are doing.
1. The worst mistake you can make is trying to increase your backlinks overnight. Links should be build gradually with over a period of time. A sudden jump in link popularity will only get your website flagged by the spam filters.
2. Try to avoid same keywords if possible in the form of anchor text and subsequently use the word “click here” or “read more,” this way you would get a backlinks and will not have to worry about any link penalty.
3. It is very important to focus on quality links and not just quantity. Do not allow links from casino, adult or pharmacy sites as since these websites are notorious for spamming. And sends wrong signal to Google regarding your site.
4. Creating a blog network yourself and then linking them all together is not a favored tactic anymore. Search engines track IP addresses and your links and check if they are coming from different locations.
5. Submit your website only to the trusted and old web directories. This should be done on a long-term basis as sandbox filters of search engines take this point very seriously.
6. Try to get backlinks from websites that provide high-value content to the users. Getting links from sites which no unique content is not a quality backlink and you will be putting your site at risk.
There are hundreds of black hat techniques out there that can boost your ranking at the top of the search engines in a very short period of time. However, these quick results provide short-term popularity and possibly sudden profits, but with time, you could get your site blacklisted by the search engines, which is the worst thing that could happen to any business owner.
Image Credit: Mark Kens