Advanced Local Citation Audit
For any successful local SEO Campaign, it is important to have consistent and correct citations. It’s no secret how citations are significant to rank locally in Google. Citation is considered as external location signals and are one of the most important ranking factors.
This is the reason you must have your correct NAP listed across the major citation sources.
So what is the NAP format? NAP stands for Business Name, Address, and Phone Number. Having this data listed on another website such as Yelp, Citysearch, or Yellow pages acts like a positive vote for your local listings.
Every business needs to build citations to help increase their local rankings; however, many still overlook having duplicated listings or incorrect listings.
Why You Need Local Citation Audit?
1) You need to edit/delete duplicate listings on the same directory.
2) You need to edit/delete listings for your business that have the wrong Business Name, Physical Address, or Phone Number.
3) You need to edit/delete incomplete Citations. It’s important that you fill out the profiles to completion once you’ve claimed them. This includes adding photo and filling out every field there is an option for.
4) You need to edit/delete data when you have moved physical locations of your business.
5) You need to make the audit when data aggregators have incorrect information.
6) You need to edit/delete listing to change your local phone number.
7) You need to edit/delete listing if you have used different trade name or business name variations before.
8) You need to edit/delete listing if your listing was incorrectly submitted and scraped to other sites.
If you discover that there are hundreds of listings you need to fix, do not panic. Your first focus should be on the top citations for your industry and city. Focus your efforts on the primary citation sources for your niche and area and just spend 15 minutes a day cleaning this up.